Thursday, September 4, 2014

Simple and elegent turtle couple wedding cake

What a blessing to be asked by V and J to make their wedding cake.
I have know this couple since they were very young. Thinking about it, it really makes me old.

I used to see V at the train station catching the train to school on my way to work and J when he was running around his older brother at church. From memory I remember him as a young boy in grade 6.

Both V and J wanted a Red Velvet cake with cream cheese filling for their cake.
I thank God that is currently winter. The last time I dealt with red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting was in January when it was around 38 degrees celsius and it was the worst. Trying to cover a cake with a cream cheese frosting with fondant is just hard.

The topper of the cake is a bride and groom turtle all handmade from sugar.



No comments:

Post a Comment