Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Roast leg of Lamb with garlic and mint


Haven't been feeling well this couple of days. I can feel that winter is just around the corner.
Have no idea what to cook for dinner last night, but managed to find a leg of lamb in the fridge.(you never know what you will find in my fridge)
We used to have a rosemary plant in our back yard, I think we had it for years now.
I haven't have much time to go to the backyard except to hang my washing, so I didn't notice until yesterday that the rosemary plant was missing. I guess it just die because of neglect.
But thank God the mint plants was still alive. So I decided to used mint.

You might wonder how come in the photo the amount of meat is so small. I was to busy talking to my sister on the phone and the family only left me this much of the lamb.



Here is the recipe

1.75 kg leg of lamb, boned
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 bunch of mint, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil


Season lamb to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the garlic and half the mint. Season the outside of the joint and place it on a rack in a roasting tin (pan), fat-side up. Pour over the oil with the vegetables and roast in a preheated oven at 230°C/450°F/gas mark 8 for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment